Teleprotection / Digital Protection Signaling
E1, C37.94 Optical, G.703, 64kbps, Trip Counter Display, Optical Repeater, IEC-61850
VCL-TP, Teleprotection with 64Kbps, G.703 co-directional interface
VCL-TP, Teleprotection with 64Kbps, G.703 co-directional digital data interface option for transmission over 64Kbps data link is an extremely rugged product has been designed to operate reliably even under the most demanding conditions and environment. The VCL-TP, Teleprotection Equipment offers up to 8, 2-way independent command channels which can be operated over a G.703, 64Kbps co-directional digital data link.
VCL-TP, Teleprotection Equipment may be used independently in a point-to-point application between two nodes connected over an optical fiber link, or it may be used as an integrated part of the VCL-MX Version 6, E1 voice and data multiplexer solution over SDH or PDH data networks.
Transmission interface options include:
- 64Kbps, G.703 co-directional digital data interface option for transmission over 64Kbps data link
- E1, 2.048Mbps, G.703 interface option for transmission over an E1 link
- E1, 2.048Mbps + IEEE C37.94 Optical fiber interface redundancy
- IEEE C37.94 compliant Multi-Mode optical fiber interface for transmission over short-reach multi-mode optical fiber link
- IEEE C37.94 modulation compliant Single-Mode optical fiber interface for transmission over long-reach, single-mode optical fiber link (≤ 40 KM, ≤ 80 KM, ≤ 120 KM, ≤ 150 KM, ≤ 180 KM)
- Teleprotection over IP/MPLS – 10/100BaseT (Electrical) or 100BaseFX (Optical) Ethernet Interface to provide Teleprotection over IP/MPLS link
- VCL-TP, IEC 61850 GOOSE over IP/MPLS
- Teleprotection with IEC-61850 GOOSE Interface over E1 Interface
- Teleprotection with IEC-61850 GOOSE Interface over C37.94 Interface
Features and Highlights
- Teleprotection with 64Kbps, G.703 co-directional digital data interface option for transmission over 64Kbps data link
- Unrivaled Speed, Security and Reliability
- Use in a Standalone, Point-To-Point Application
- Use as an integrated part of the VCL-MX Version 6, E1 Voice and Data Multiplexer solution over an SDH or PDH data network
- 1+1 Route / Path Protection when used as an integrated part of the VCL-MX Version 6, E1 Voice and Data Multiplexer solution over an SDH or PDH data network.
- Compact, standard 19-Inch Rack-mountable, 2U high chassis.
- Bi-directional Transmission of 8 command Inputs and 8 command outputs
- Full Duplex Operation
- Automatic loop test facility
- User programmable for Direct Tripping, Permissive Tripping and Blocking Protection Schemes
- Compliant with IEC 60834-1 standards
- IRIG-B / NTP Time Synchronization
- Available in 48V DC, 110V DC and 250V DC configurations.
- 8 Command Teleprotection Terminal
- (8 Nos. Tx & Rx independent command inputs & outputs for providing interconnection with Protection Relays).
- Available power options: 48V DC, 110V DC, 250V DC.
Flexibility and User Programmability
- User programmable command holding delay for error resistant command inputs
- User programmable command sampling rate for error resistant command transmission
- Less than 3ms command transfer time
- Less than 4ms relay operating time
- Less than 7ms back-to-back operating time (including relay operating time) in 64 kbps, G.703 Co-directional 4 wire data interface mode.
Event and Alarm Logging
- Time-Stamped Alarm Logging
- Time-Stamped Event Logging.
Management and Monitoring
- RS232 serial, USB serial interfaces for local terminal access
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet Interface for remote access over an IP network
- Encrypted Password Protection
- Telnet - Remote access over IP links
- SSH - Secured remote access using Secure Shell Protocol over IP links
- SNMP Traps and NMS for real time remote monitoring and management over an IP network
- Automatic Link Test feature – link testing at user programmable periodical intervals
- Visual I/O status – LED Display.
- Advanced Communication Protocols to ensure reliable transmission of commands
- Power Supply Immunity to withstand impulse surges and transients of up to 10,000 Volts
- High Quality Relays – withstands voltage 10 kV between coil and contacts (1.2 × 50 μþs)
- Maximum Switching Voltage: 400V AC or 300V DC
- Optoisolated Command Inputs
- Optoisolated Relay Outputs
- Relays - Mechanical: 10,000,000 operations min. (at 18,000 operations/hour).
Error Detection and Coding
- Line Code Violation Detection
- LOS Detection
- Block Command Encoding as per IEEE C37.94.
Application # 1: Teleprotection over 64Kbps, G.703 co-directional data channel (over SDH / PDH Network)
Figure # 1 – Typical Application over a 64Kbps G.703 co-directional data channel